Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Don't be Picky! (And Happy New Year!)

Just last year (or maybe a year and a half ago?) was the first time I actually tried guacamole. I know right? You're probably shaking your head right now. The only reason I never ate it previously was because I thought it looked gross, but now it's become one of my all time favorite dips. I may be looking too much into it, but it made me realize how much I overlook trying new foods because of the way they look. Believe it or not, there was also a time when I hated cherries because they looked 'weird' and I've never even tasted them! Until I finally tried them and now they're one of my favorite fruits. It's like, when you try new foods for the first time and end up liking them, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities (as corny as that sounds).  
With this new year ahead of us, there will be plenty of opportunities to try something new! I think it's important to always be trying new things, and not just with food, but just in general everyday life. You'll never know what the outcome is unless you try, so don't be picky, hesitant, scared, or discouraged whatever your circumstance is and go for it! Make 2014 the year that you try new things, whether it's something low key like the way you dress or a new hair style, or something more exhilarating like sky diving or bungee jumping! It's all up to you, so don't waste any time and wait for another year! I think for me personally, I'm going to make 2014 the year I try new things that are out of my comfort zone and strive for different and new adventures. Anyways, I wish you all a very splendid New Year and hope that you'll make great memories for the next 365 days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment