Sunday, December 29, 2013

Glam Nails

Contrary to my previous post on how to achieve festive nails the lazy way, I did my nails the other day a more difficult way.. (everything was fun up until applying the glitter). I was inspired to do my nails like this because of one of my favorite Youtubers, Claire Marshall. She did something similar to her nails in this vlog, and hers look ten times better than mine, but I thought I would still try to recreate the look and I think I achieved what I was aiming for! You of course don't have to use actual specks of glitter, but that's just what I had on hand. In fact, I'd advise you to just buy a gold glittery nail polish like she did if you want to avoid the mess. But I'll go ahead and tell you the steps I took to achieve these nails:
1.)  Apply 1-2 coats of a dark blue nail polish (black would work as well) and let it dry.  
2.) Take a wedge sponge and apply a dark metallic gold nail polish (a metallic silver would look great as well if you want some contrast) to the tip and dab lightly starting from base of nails going about halfway up and let it dry.
3.) Working on one nail at a time, apply top coat on entire nail then apply glitter slowly to base of nail to about halfway up. Tap nail slightly to remove excess glitter. Repeat on all nails. (Again, a glittery nail polish would be better for this to avoid making a mess, so if that's what you have just apply it starting from the base to about halfway up). 
4.) Apply a topcoat and you're done!
These nails are definitely a statement and they'd be great for holiday parties, New Year's, or any special occasion really. I almost wish I did my nails like this for Christmas, but I guess I'll just have to wait until next Christmas to do them like this again! At least they'll be like this for New Years!
Products in this post: Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro Nail Polish in 420 Midnight Blue (similar here), Zoya Nail Polish in Edyta, Jewel Glitter in Gold 

No comments:

Post a Comment