Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, Semi-New Me

I've been growing my hair out for the past year and a half now. I keep telling myself that I need to have really long hair that almost reaches my butt at least once in my life. So that is what I'm in the process of doing. With that being said, it's also been a year and a half (or maybe just a year) since I've had it cut. Yup. Not even a little trim, so I had a lot of split ends. I sorta dismissed it at first and didn't really care about it, and in the back of my head I knew I should've trimmed it just a bit, but I didn't. It was only until two days ago when my mom pointed out how noticeable my split ends were that I was like "Okay yeah I should probably do something about it". I was actually having a hard time trying to trim it myself, mostly because I didn't want to cut it unevenly, so my mom stepped in and did it for me. She did a great job, so thank god I didn't have to go to the salon and pay someone to cut an inch and a half off my hair! (Holla 'cause I got a free haircut from my mama). For reference of what my hair looked like before, visit my style blog Moon Child. I know it isn't that much of a difference, but I instantly felt like a new person! I was due for a bit of change, especially since my dreams of having blueish-green dip dyed ends has yet to happen. So in the meantime, this will have to do! Hopefully I get to dying it soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment